I think learning about why things are right or wrong is very important. Because if we only show them what is good and keep them away from that which is bad, they will only find it more attractive and what is worse they won't know how to handle it. The adults’ problem has always been keeping up with children’s new ways of using technology, in many cases it has been seen as something evil. At the moment it's the Internet, 20 years ago it was movies, 30 years ago rock music and going back a century and the century before that, it was books. Children should have the experience of doing things with their parents, exploring these "evil" things together and be trusted to handle these things alone.
The responsibilities of an adult world aren't many, you are your own judge so to say, but I think everyone should be able to question their authorities. Humility to other people is also a good quality. We are not sharing enough!
I think that you bring up many interesting thoughts in your text. I have not thought about that books and music and so on have of course created conflicts in the past between kids and their parents in the same way as the Internet is doing now. That was just as new and exciting to them as new things are to us today. And it is very important that parents explore new things together with their kids. Good point!
SvaraRaderaWhen it comes to your written proficiency, when not looking at the content, I see that you have skipped the introduction to the text. Your text is perfectly clear if you have read the teachers blog first. To an outside reader an introduction would be desirable. Maybe you could have written a bit more and then divided the text into several paragraphs. You did, as I said in the beginning, bring up some really good opinions and I think it would have been interesting to read more about it and more of your thoughts. But you have a nice ending to your text which leaves me as a reader satisfied.
I am no good in grammar but I think that your writing is very good and I can not see that you have made any big mistakes. Perhaps I am wrong?! But I like reading your text because it has a nice flow in it.
Nice work, see you soon!
Eva Alod
Your text was very interesting to read and had some parts which gave me a few interesting thoughts myself. Your description of the “evil” things through the centuries was something I never thought about twice even though I always had it somewhere back in my head. But as you said, the grownups have to trust the children to be able to handle these things themselves and to learn about the good and bad sides of using new technology.
SvaraRaderaOne thing I noticed is that you don’t have an introduction to your text. Without that it’s hard to understand your intension and what you are going to write about. As I said before you text was interesting to read, but I think that you should expand it a little bit more to make it more interesting.
Keep up the good work/ Agnes