söndag 3 maj 2009

Climate Change

Lately there has been much attention in the media about the climate change and by lately I mean the years after Al Gore presented his documentary An Inconvenient Truth in 2006. So what were the aftermaths? Well firstly people divided into those who believe and those who don’t. Secondly it’s not an easy fact to accept for those who didn’t reject this theory because it’s a complete change in lifestyle if you want to do something about it. People realizing that global warming is a problem have been slow because of three things: Change of lifestyle, denying that there’s a problem to begin with and economic reasons.

The first reason for ignoring the climate change is that it requires effort to live in an environment-friendly way. You need to think twice about what you buy and the personal consumption should generally decrease overall.

Second reason is that some people simply don’t believe that global warming is happening or is the cause of human influence. To this category I count those who just ignore the problem because it won’t happen during their lifetime.

Maybe the most important factor is how a change in our way of living has on our economy. There are many of industries that have a lot to lose if we have to make changes and will do anything to keep it the way it is. Hiring scientists to invalidate modern theories, buying and closing down environmental friendly alternatives are two ways of doing just that. Others are trying to profit on this new climate wave and I think that those investments are the way to go. 

My conclusion is that there are forces that don’t want things to change, but hopefully people become more aware and start doing more about the situation we are in. 

2 kommentarer:

  1. Eric
    I thing you made some importat points in your blog, i especially believe the one abot the economy that it has more to do with it than we know.

    I had some trouble though to follow your train of taughts, it was a bit messy when you introduced some reasons in the introduction and then presented them and some more again.It would have been enough to end the introduction with the question.

    I like the part were you said that we are divided in those who believe and those who don't. that could for instance be the begining of your secound paragraph.
    well done

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you Eric for an interesting blog. I agree with you, to reverse the global warming we need to change our way of life and there will certanly be a lot of companys trying to stop our consuption, or lack of consuption.

    Your text flow and spelling is fine, but I think you would have benefitted if your introduction hadn't included your strongest arguments.
    Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

    SvaraRadera